Manage your SXP
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Swipe with card
- Pick SXP as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy SXP with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your SXP in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Swipe
- Pick SXP as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your SXP.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Swipe (SXP)
Swipe is a blockchain project that aims to connect the e-commerce industry and standard banking directly with blockchain technology. It was founded by Joselito Lizarondo in 2018 and initially solely focused on two products: a digital wallet and a cryptocurrency card. In 2020 Swipe was obtained by a cryptocurrency exchange platform, Binance.
Based on the Ethereum Network, Swipe prides itself as a multi-asset digital wallet. The digital wallet allows its users to exchange and purchase cryptocurrencies, make deposits, and utilize the wallet as custody. The digital wallet can be linked to a Visa debit card or an application such as Apple Pay. Another significant characteristic of the Swipe ecosystem is the ability to pay directly to merchants using the Swipe debit card. Such an ability is achieved by running an off-chain API. There are no fees charged while using the debit card, as SXP holders can stake their tokens to unlock specific benefits, however, it is not necessary to hold SXP to obtain the card. SXP can also be used to pay for transaction fees on the Swipe network and for governance purposes.
In July 2021, the Swipe network has announced that it is launching a Swipechain testnet, a THORchain fork, which will act as a layer 2 blockchain and facilitate interoperability. The final testnet with a revised whitepaper is aimed to be released in November 2021.