Manage your ADA
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Cardano with card
- Pick ADA as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy ADA with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your ADA in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Cardano
- Pick ADA as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your ADA.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Cardano (ADA)
Cardano is a crypto project that was launched in 2015 by a company named Input-Output Hong Kong (IOHK).
Cardano project was originally issued by Charles Hoskinson, the co-founder of Ethereum. He was one who realized, that the Proof-of-Work algorithm, which underpins such blockchains as Bitcoin and Ethereum, got many restrictions and weak spots, like scalability and sustainability. That’s why the Cardano network uses the Ouroboros algorithm, based on the Proof-of-Stake protocol.
The native coin of the Cardano blockchain is ADA. It can be used not only for transfer of value, as fiat, or any other cryptocurrency but also for staking — helping “stake pool operators” to verify transactions within the network and sign blocks.
In September 2021, Cardano completed its first hard fork — Alonzo. Alonzo upgrade provided the Cardano network with smart contract functionality, allowing its users to create and utilize their own smart contracts.