Manage your SHIB
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy SHIBA INU with card
- Pick SHIB as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy SHIB with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your SHIB in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange SHIBA INU
- Pick SHIB as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your SHIB.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is SHIBA INU (SHIB)
In August 2020 anonymous person (or group of persons) called “Ryoshi” created a SHIBA INU cryptocurrency, which tended to become a “Dogecoin killer.” Newborn crypto with a SHIB ticker symbol quickly gained both speed and value thanks to Tweets and headlines from well-known crypto celebrities like Vitalik Buterin and Elon Mask.
Oppositely to Dogecoin’s Scrypt-based mining, SHIBA INU was launched as an ERC-20 token, built upon the Ethereum blockchain with Proof-of-Work mining, migrating to a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism. SHIB (as many other dog-inspired crypto-assets) attracted the attention of potential investors who missed DOGE’s rally from 0,0002 to 0,75 USD.
The total supply of SHIB is one quadrillion tokens; thus, 50% of this number was locked in Uniswap. Another half was “burned’ to Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin, who actually burned 40% of SHIB’s total supply after making a $1 billion worth SHIB donation to India’s Covid-19 Relief Fund.
Been a meme-coin in 2020, today SHIBA INU is a massive project with a vibrant ecosystem around it. SHIB got its own Shibaswap DEX with two additional tokens – LEASH and BONE; each serves the specific needs of either DEX or Doggy DAO. Moreover, the SHIB team invites dog-inspired artists worldwide to their Shiba Inu Incubator – a place for incentivizing the NFT market.
On September 17, 2021, one of the significant US-based cryptocurrency exchanges – Coinbase – listed SHIBA INU, which triggered a continuous price growth of SHIB tokens.