Manage your APE
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy ApeCoin with card
- Pick APE as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy APE with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your APE in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange ApeCoin
- Pick APE as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your APE.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is ApeCoin (APE)
ApeCoin is a new ERC-20 token introduced by the APE ecosystem and based on the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT project. It was introduced in March 2022. It is claimed that it was officially launched by the ApeCoin DAO, rather than Yuga Labs, creators of the NFT collection. ApeCoin DAO’s board consists of some impressive names, including Alexis Ohanian, the co-founder of Reddit, Amy Wu from FTX, and Dean Steinbeck, the founder of Horizon Labs.
According to the ApeCoin website, APE token was created to support and organize “blockchain’s impact on culture” in the future. ApeCoin is a governance and utility token, functioning across the APE ecosystem. APE token holders can participate in ApeCoin DAO governance and will select future board members, and can access exclusive products of the APE ecosystem, such as games and merch. APE is also incorporated into the ecosystem’s games and services to increase incentivization. ApeCoin supply is limited and neither minting abilities, nor burning ones are revealed through the contract interface.
With the release of ApeCoin, on March 17th, 2022, it was announced that a part of the APE supply is locked and allocated to four main groups, one of which includes a charity. 16% of the locked supply belongs to Yuga Labs, a major contributor, 8.5% of which are donated to Jane Goodall Legacy Foundation. The foundation focuses on supporting programs of the Jane Goodall Institution that aim to improve conservation, research, and educational programs.