Manage your DASH
with NOW Wallet
How to buy Dash with card
- Pick DASH as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy DASH with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your DASH in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Dash
- Pick DASH as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your DASH.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
How it works
What is Dash (DASH)
Dash, previously known as XCoin and later Darkcoin, was launched in January 2014 by Evan Duffield and Kyle Hagan, software developers. It is an open-source blockchain with a decentralized payment network. The idea of the project was to create a money transfer service in which all the participants of the transaction would be completely anonymous. At the same time, the project owners do not hide personal information and are well known to the public.
Dash originated as a fork of Litecoin (LTC). Initially, it was yet another network looking to improve Bitcoin’s abilities, in this case by introducing speedier transactions and enhanced privacy. However, now it is more focused on becoming a digital currency that can be used for daily transactions. The Dash network is secured by a two-tier network. For the first tier Dash utilizes a custom version of the Proof-of-Work algorithm — X11. X11 is a mining algorithm that functions with less power, thus needs less energy. For the second tier the network applies a “masternode” system. Masternodes are servers that manage governance and secure advanced services. Masternode operators are paid regularly and have the ability to vote monthly on what community projects will receive a part of the block reward.
The Dash network has recently launched a DashDirect App. According to their website the app allows its users to pay for goods with “over 155,000 merchant in-store locations and more than 125 online retailers”. DashDirect promises that you will save up to 12% while using it, which will increase as the overall time you spend in the app increases.