Manage your MANA
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Decentraland with card
- Pick MANA as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy MANA with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your MANA in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Decentraland
- Pick MANA as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your MANA.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Decentraland (MANA)
Decentraland is a virtual world where users, or LAND owners, can develop and explore 3D creations, play games and socialize. It was launched to the public in 2020 by Ariel Meilich and Esteban Ordano, who are both no longer leading the project and act as advisors. The 3D space that makes up the Decentraland virtual world is titled LAND. LAND is a non-fungible digital asset that is divided into parcels and is purchased with MANA by community members. Further, parcels are divided into Districts to match a specific theme they appeal to.
Decentraland consists of three layers: consensus layer, content layer, and real-time layer. The content layer, which is responsible for tracking what happens in every parcel, includes three types of files: content files, script files, and interaction definition. These files are utilized to render the land parcels. There is also a Decentraland Marketplace, it is an open market where users can discover, buy, sell and manage their land parcels. There are two coins operating on the Decentraland platform: MANA and LAND. MANA can not only be used to buy LAND parcels but can also be traded for goods and services within the platform. MANA holders can even participate in management such as land auctions and policy updates.
In May 2021, Decentraland released a cheaper and more accessible version of DAO. The new DAO utilizes a new platform for governance, Snapshot, that requires less gas and is more secure.