Manage your DGB
with NOW Wallet
How to buy DigiByte with card
- Pick DGB as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy DGB with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your DGB in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange DigiByte
- Pick DGB as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your DGB.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
How it works
What is DigiByte (DGB)
DigiByte is an open-source blockchain platform that is based on Bitcoin’s technology or rather is a modification of Bitcoin. Its website claims that it is “one of the safest, fastest, longest, and most decentralized UTXO blockchain in existence”. It was developed in 2013 and launched in January 2014 by Jared Tate after a genesis block was mined with no ICO or significant premine.
The DigiByte network consists of three layers: Applications layer that allows users to access and develop DigiAssets including DApps, Public ledger where DigiBytes transactions are recorded, and the Core protocol that “provides communication and operating procedures”.
The platform aims to increase DigiByte mining capacity and make mining pools more approachable – this stands in the way of centralisation. It also prevents 51% attacks on the network by using five proof-of-work algorithms, including Odocrypt and Dandelion++, which simultaneously prevent double spending.
Developers constantly upgrade the network and ensure it is as decentralised as their vision for it. DigiByte also has a Pipeline consisting of a list of items that DigiByte wants to potentially implement. Anyone can contribute in exchange for a bounty or experience, with items ranging from smaller ones to those requiring developer experience.