Manage your ZEN
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Horizen with card
- Pick ZEN as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy ZEN with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your ZEN in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Horizen
- Pick ZEN as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your ZEN.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Horizen (ZEN)
Horizen, formerly known as ZenCash, is a blockchain network. It was launched in 2017 by Robert Viglione and Rolf Versluis. The Horizen network prioritizes security and works hard to provide its users with the level of privacy they are comfortable with. Horizen’s security is ensured by a multi-tiered network that functions with the help of 47,969 nodes. There are three tiers of nodes: regular nodes, Secure Nodes, and Super Nodes. Secure Nodes can be defined as regular nodes programmed with extra encryption and Super Nodes are Secret Nodes that power the Horizen sidechains.
Horizen utilizes Zendoo, a sidechain technology that addresses such issues as scalability, flexibility, and efficiency. Zendoo protocol allows businesses and developers to create DApps on the Horizen by confirming Backward Transfers through the mainchain without certifiers. Horizen claims that its native token, ZEN, is the “ﬁrst cryptocurrency with fully end-to-end encryption at the node and internode level.” There are two types of addresses ZEN holders might use: T-addresses which are regular and are public, and Z-addresses that are private.
Horizen is also planning to fully launch Zendoo to mainnet in November 2021. It has been available on its public testnet since October and the network has also released a bug bounty program in collaboration with HackerOne.