Manage your SAND
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy The Sandbox with card
- Pick SAND as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy SAND with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your SAND in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange The Sandbox
- Pick SAND as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your SAND.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is The Sandbox (SAND)
The Sandbox is a decentralized metaverse based on the Ethereum blockchain that aims to enter the world of mainstream gaming and bring blockchain technology with it. It was launched in 2011 by Pixowl, a mobile games studio. The studio’s CEO, Arthur Madrid, and co-founder, Sebastien Borget, are the creators of the metaverse.
The Sandbox is a virtual world based on blockchain technology that functions as a game, allowing users to create and collect blockchain-based assets. It facilitates a “play-to-earn” model, allowing its users to combine two roles, a creator and a gamer. It consists of three main products: VoxEdit, a software for the creation and animation of 3D above-mentioned assets, Marketplace, where users can sell the said assets, and Game Maker, a free platform for 3D game creation. SAND, the native token of The Sandbox, is an ERC-20 token that contributes to all the blockchain’s transactions, including in-game and assets purchases. SAND will also act as a governance token, once The Sandbox DAO launches in 2022.
By the end of 2021, The Sandbox is planning to introduce DeFi staking mechanisms on Layer 2, launch Layer 2 dual-chain solution on Matic, and fully open the marketplace for UGC.