Manage your MATIC
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Polygon with card
- Pick MATIC as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy MATIC with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your MATIC in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Polygon
- Pick MATIC as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your MATIC.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Polygon (MATIC)
Polygon, formerly known as Matic Network, has evolved into a comprehensive infrastructure building a multi-chain ecosystem of Ethereum compatible blockchains, dubbed the "Internet of Blockchains". Launched in India in 2017, Polygon is created by a decentralized team of contributors, with a core team of four co-founders: Jaynti Kanani, Sandeep Nailwal, Anurag Arjun, and Mihailo Bjelic.
Initially, the team contributed to the Ethereum ecosystem, developing the Plasma MVP, Dagger, and the WalletConnect protocol. In 2019, Polygon transitioned to an independent network.
Developers can utilize a variety of modules to construct their own Proof of Stake sidechain blockchains, benefiting from faster transaction speeds (7,432,973 transactions per day) and lower fees. The Polygon Plasma framework, built on its PoS, enables the network to accommodate an unlimited number of DApps.
Polygon's current focus is on becoming an interoperable platform, with plans to support basechains beyond Ethereum in the future.
Looking for a secure Matic wallet? Polygon's network supports several wallets, including NOW Wallet, MetaMask, MyEtherWallet, Trust Wallet, and Ledger, making it easy for users to store and manage their Matic tokens.