Manage your QNT
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Quant with card
- Pick QNT as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy QNT with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your QNT in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Quant
- Pick QNT as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your QNT.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Quant (QNT)
Quant is a blockchain platform that provides interoperability to blockchains and enterprise software. It was founded in 2018 by Gilbert Verdian, Colin Paterson, and Paolo Tasca. According to Quant’s website, it prioritizes trust, innovation, self-evaluation, and respect, especially for the environment.
The Quant network positions itself as blockchain-agnostic. It deploys the Overledger DLT gateway which is the foundation of the Overledger Enterprise platform. It allows projects to connect to other blockchains no matter what distributed ledger they utilize. Such a platform also allows for the creation of multi-DLT smart contracts that expand the functionality of DApps using them. The Overledger Enterprise platform also functions without any additional modifications, simplifying the integration. The Quant network functions with the help of its native token, QNT. QNT is used to purchase a license that grants the right to use the platform. The annual fee for the gateway usage is also paid in QNT tokens which in return allows developers and enterprises to get paid a share of the transaction fees.
In September 2021, the Quant Network released the Overledger 2.0.5 which expanded the interoperability it already offered. According to their Twitter Overledger 2.0.5 “bridges ecosystems with Stablecoins, DeFi, NFTs & popular ERC20/ERC721 digital assets for clearing & settlement”.