Manage your RVN
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Ravencoin with card
- Pick RVN as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy RVN with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your RVN in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Ravencoin
- Pick RVN as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your RVN.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Ravencoin (RVN)
The Ravencoin project was created as a Bitcoin fork in 2018 by Tron Black and Bruce Fenton. The idea behind it was to create a peer-to-peer system for the creation and transfer of the real-life assets values in a digital equivalence.
The core feature of the Raven protocol is its simple token creation. Everyone can make any type of token on top of the Ravencoin blockchain in a few steps. Although it’s not a zero-code solution, it’s much easier to make an asset on the Ravencoin because it’s neither a smart contract-based system nor a PoS project.
RVN is entirely fair and democratic. The project team didn’t make any pre-sales and pre-mines, and there are no assets locked “to cover project development costs” – all current circulation of RVN crypto is what users mined after the launch.
Ravencoin is GPU-only mineable and fully ASIC-resistant, which makes mining of this cryptocurrency transparent and safe. The Raven’s blockchain underwent two hashing algorithm changes. First, X16R was changed to X16Rv2, then to brand new KawPow, designed by the project’s team.