Manage your USDT
with NOW Wallet
How it works
How to buy Tether (TRON) with card
- Pick USDT as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy USDT with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your USDT in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Tether (TRON)
- Pick USDT as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your USDT.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
What is Tether (TRON) (USDT)
Tether (USDT) TRC20 is a stablecoin based on the Tron blockchain. It was released in April of 2019 to develop Tron’s ecosystem by implementing interoperability with Tron-based protocols and DApps. The USDT token and its variations are tied to the USD currency with a 1:1 ratio, which makes it a lot less volatile than other cryptocurrencies.
Originally, Tether was built on the Bitcoin blockchain, making it a second-layer cryptocurrency, and used the Omni protocol. It was introduced in 2014 by Brock Pierce, Reeve Collins, and Craig Sellars under the name Realcoin. It was created to merge unlimited possibilities of a cryptocurrency and a stable USD value, making it a safe investment opportunity. The never-changing price of USDT (TRC20 included) is controlled by a few things: maintaining a sum of commercial paper, fiduciary deposits, cash, and more. However, there have been multiple occasions when USDT’s value did not correlate with its fiat sibling’s, one day even hitting a $0.88 mark.
Then, the USDT developers team started to issue additional TRC-20 standard USDT tokens to encourage mass adoption of the cryptocurrency. It increased the network’s transaction speed and allowed wider use of Tether.
Currently, USDT is one of the most recognized and trusted digital coins on the market.