Manage your ALGO
with NOW Wallet
How to buy Algorand with card
- Pick ALGO as the currency you want to buy.
- Choose a fiat currency to buy ALGO with.
- Enter your card details and the recipient's address if you are sending to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your ALGO in approximately 5 mins!
How to exchange Algorand
- Pick ALGO as the currency you want to exchange.
- Choose the crypto asset you’d like to get for your ALGO.
- Enter the recipient's address if you are exchanging to a third-party wallet.
- Receive your exchanged assets in approximately 5 mins!
How it works
What is Algorand (ALGO)
Algorand is a permissionless blockchain network whose existence originated as a response to blockchains with slow transactions such as Bitcoin. The Algorand network was launched in June 2019 by Silvio Micali, a computer science professor and a winner of the Turing Award.
The platform helps remove the limits of the rapid adoption of blockchain technology, by allowing developers to build scalable and secure applications on the network. The Algorand Blockchain is powered by the pure Proof-of-Stake built on Byzantine agreement consensus. Any user could be randomly selected to both propose blocks and vote on others’ proposals. The weight of proposals and votes is determined by their stake. Thus, the transaction speed increases, participation cost decreases, and no forks can take place.
Since its inception, Algorand has found increased adoption amongst decentralized application (DeFi) networks including the Pocket Network, Circle, IDEX, and others. In more recent news, a new social media platform, LoveChain, has been built on the Algorand blockchain. It will allow its users to gain control over their data and take advantage of a rewards system that will introduce LoveChain’s native token.